The Ministry of Defence is a Government Office with responsibility for the formation and implementation of Norwegian security and defence policy.
You can find pictures of Eriksen Søreide in high resolution here.
- Graduate degree in Law (Cand. jur.) from The University of Tromsø (2007)
Eriksen Søreide represents The Conservative Party (Høyre), and is elected to parliament from the constituency of Oslo. Her parliamentary experience includes:
- 2009-2013 Chair, Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and Defence, and Chair, Enlarged Foreign Affairs Committee
- 2009-2013 Head of the Delegation for Relations with the European Parliament, and Head of the European Consultative Committee
- 2005-2009 Chair, Standing Committee on Education, Research and Church Affairs
- 2001-2005 Member, Standing Committee on Education, Research and Church Affairs
Political appointments in The Conservative Party (Høyre):
- 2000- Member of the Conservative Party Central Executive Committee
- 2000-2004 Chair, Young Conservatives in Norway
- 1998-2000 First Vice Chair, Young Conservatives in Norway, 2000–2004 Chair
- 1996-1998 Member, Central Executive Committee of the Young Conservatives in Norway