Law and order
The Government will pursue an active and coherent policy of combating crime. Ensuring the security of citizens is a welfare issue and a major public responsibility. The goal is to improve prevention, solve more crimes, react more quickly and improve the rehabilitation of offenders. All this requires making determined efforts aimed at the police, the courts and the correctional services.
The Ministry of Justice and the Police shall:
- reduce and prevent crime
- improve civil protection and emergency planning
- contribute to expedient legislation that is adapted to societal developments
- safeguard the due process of law and right to a fair trial
- implement punishment whose goal is to return offenders to a normal life in community
- prevent and resolve conflicts
On this page you will find general information and documents relating to law and order. You can explore this topic in more detail by using the menu on the right.