News story | Date: 2016-03-16 | Ministry of Petroleum and Energy
The content about Norwegian petroleum activities is updated. The website is also improved to give a better user experience and overview of contents, especially on mobile phones.
NorwegianPetroleum.no is published by the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy and the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate, and is a user-friendly, fact-based website where interested readers can learn more about Norwegian petroleum history, current activity, outlook and framework conditions.
Articles and facts are illustrated using photos, graphics and maps. All information is accessible, regardless of digital platform, and content can be downloaded, printed and shared through email and social media.
At NorwegianPetroleum.no you will find updated information about:
- Importance of the petroleum sector for the Norwegian economy, including revenues and investments.
- Descriptions of ongoing activity on the Norwegian shelf.
- Production and exports of oil and gas.
- Regulatory framework conditions throughout the entire lifecycle, from opening of new exploration acreage to decommissioning fields
- Facts about fields, discoveries, companies, licences, exploration activity, production and resource estimates
- Emissions to air and discharges to sea, measures to reduce them, acute pollution and oil spill preparedness
- The supplier industry and petroleum related research and technology
- Explanation of terminology and an energy calculator
Each topic also contains links to more detailed information. Using the same technology as the facts app for mobile telephones, Oilfacts, parts of the facts basis are daily synchronised with the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate's facts databases.