Former Minister of Labour Hanne Bjurstrøm (Labour Party)
The Minister of Labour is responsible for the labour market, the working environment, pensions and welfare policy.
- 2007-2009 Norway’s chief negotiator under the United Nations climate change negotiations, Ministry of Environment
- 2003-2007 Senior Adviser with responsibility for the development of Norway’s cap and trade system (climate change), Ministry of Environment
- 2000-2003 Vice-President and Judge, The Labour Court
- 1997-2000 Agent, Attorney General of Civil Affairs
- 1995-1997 Corporate Councellor, Aker Oil and Gas Technology PLC
- 1994-1995 Political Secretary to Commissioner for Finance and Planning Rune Bjerke, Oslo City Government
- 1987-1994 Senior Executive Officer/Adviser, Legislation Department, Ministry of Justice
- 1992 Visiting researcher, Institute for Social Research.
- 1987- 2006 Part-time teacher and external examiner (administrative law), University of Oslo.
- 1984-1985 Scientific Assistant (maritime law), University of Oslo.
- 1981-1982 Legal consultant (women’s rights), University of Oslo.
- 1996 Barrister training for lawyers (mandatory)
- 1990 Masters Degree (LLM), International Law, London School of Economics and Political Science
- 1987 Bachelor of law, University of Oslo1984 Summer University "Introduction to English Law", University of London.
- 1980 Studies within Italian film and art history, Institute for foreign students, University of Firenze.
Various tasks, commissions
- 2006-2008 Leader of a dispute committe (workplace environment)
- 2005-2008 Leader of the The United Nations ECE Convention on Access to Information, Public Participation in Decision-making and Access to Justice in Environmental Matters
- 2001-2004 Deputy Board Member of European Surveillance Authority (ESA) College
- 2001- 2008 Member of a complaints board relating to decisions made by the Data Inspectorate (protection of personal privacy)
- 1997- 2003 Member of the national committee for research ethics (social sciences, law, humanities)
- 1993-1996 Norwegian adviser to the Council of Europe (civil law)
- 1993 Member of committe overseeing an official policy review (pricing of public information)
- 1980-1983 Deputy Member; Oslo City Government
- 1980-1983 Deputy Member; Oslo School Board
- 1980-1983 Deputy Member; Oslo Price Board
- 1981-1983 Member; Oslo Municipal Youth Committee
- 1982 Board Member; Norwegian Student Society
- 1982 Board Member; Company Chateu Neuf
- 1982-1983: Deputy Member; Norwegian Children and Youth Council
- 1996- 1999: Board Member; Ullevål hospital