Press release | Date: 17/07/2015
Practical information and program for the commemoration in the Government Administration Complex on 22 July at 09.30.
Place: The Reflecting Pool in front of Høyblokka (the government high-rise building) (Akersgata entrance)
Time: 22 July at 9:30 a.m. to about 10:00 a.m.
As in previous years, there will be a separate area for the press with good photo opportunities. There will not be any preliminary accreditation, but in order to gain entry to the press area, a press card must be presented.
The media must be present in the press area no later than 9:10 a.m.
Programme (from 9:30 a.m.)
- John Hestnes from the National Support Group for the Victims of the 22 July Attacks will welcome those who attend.
- Speech by Mani Hussaini, leader of the Norwegian Labour Youth League (AUF)
- Speech by Prime Minister Erna Solberg
- Prime Minister Erna Solberg lays a wreath, followed by one minute of silence
- Musical performance by Vigdis Wisur
- Speech by Anne Brasseur, President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
- Minister of Local Government and Modernisation Jan Tore Sanner holds a speech about the July 22 Centre
- John Hestnes concludes the commemoration in the Government Administration Complex by informing the audience about the programme for the rest of the day and inviting everyone affected by the attacks to coffee and a bite to eat in the canteen in building R5.
At the conclusion of the event around 10:00 a.m. there will be a guided tour of the July 22 Centre for invited guests. The press will not be allowed to visit the exhibition during the official opening.
Pictures will be taken and a video will be recorded in the guided tour, and these will be made available to the press.
There will be a presentation of the Centre to the press on Tuesday, 21 July at 1:30 p.m.
Prime Minister Erna Solberg, Minister of Local Government and Modernisation Jan Tore Sanner, AUF Leader Mani Hussaini, Lisbeth Røyneland and John Hestnes from the National Support Group for the Victims of the 22 July Attacks and Project Manager for the Exhibition Tor Einar Fagerland will be available to the press after the guided tour.
Place: The press area
Time: about 10:20 a.m.
The commemoration will be broadcast directly on Web-TV at regjeringen.no.
Contact persons in the Ministry of Local Government and Modernisation:
Head of Communications Kjersti Bjørgo (starting Monday, 20 July), mobile +47 97 16 48 35, email@example.com
Senior Communication Adviser Ann Kristin Lindaas, mobile +47 45 24 17 81, firstname.lastname@example.org