The Government Building Complex
Published under: Stoltenberg's 2nd Government
Publisher Ministry of Government Administration, Reform and Church Affairs
Regjeringskvartalet, the government building complex, is located in central Oslo and has been owned by the government for more than 200 years. Strictly speaking, the government building complex is not a single entity, but stretches over several streets and buildings and has ten different addresses.
Work is now under way on the rebuilding of the government building complex after the bombing on 22 July 2011. The Solberg Government considered the conceptual solution of the new government building complex in May 2014. The complex will include the Office of the Prime Minister and all ministries with the exception of the Ministry of Defence.
The oldest building in the Government building complex is Møllergata 19, dating from 1866. Block G, which now houses the Ministry of Finance, was built in 1906. The high-rise block was completed in 1958. Building development has continued until 2012, when the latest government building, R6, was occupied.