Artikkel | Sist oppdatert: 13.12.2017 | Kommunal- og moderniseringsdepartementet
Presentasjoner fra konferansen som ble holdt 29-30. november 2017 på Vulkan i Oslo. Presentations from the conference arranged 29-30th of november 2017 on Vulkan in Oslo.
- Presentation of the Vulkan area, by Sverre Landmark Asplin Ramm
- Sustainable and Attractive Cities and Regions, Opening remarks by Paul Chaffey, State Secretary in the Ministry of Local Government and Modernisation, Norway
- New urbanism as a modern religion - will the smaller cities win?, Professor Laura Kolbe, University of Helsinki
- Building for Sustainability and Attractivity in small and medium.sized Nordic cities, Monica von Schmalensee, CEO of WHITE Architects
Plenary session: The Nordic City in an International Perspective
- A New Agenda for a Better Urban Future, Paulius Kulikauskas, Chief of Office for Europe and European Institutions at UN-HABITAT
- Nordic Solutions to Global Challenges – Nordic Sustainable Cities, Luciane Aguiar Borges and Kjell Nilsson, Nordregio present the Nordic Prime Minister’s Initiative
- Unpacking Swedish Sustainability, Anna Hult, PhD
Vibrant, inclusive and sustainable urban environments
This session is part of the Norwegian presidency programme and the project Attractive cities: Green restructuring and competitiveness in the Nordic city regions. Cities as a framework for good life for all. The project focuses on small and medium sized cities in the Nordic region that want to develop their attractiveness by ensuring good and inclusive urban environments that are economically, environmentally and socially sustainable. Nordic co-operation and knowledge exchange is a key element.
In this session, five small and medium sized cities share their experiences and work towards sustainable development. Located in different parts of the Nordic region the cities share some challenges and development approaches that can be useful to others.
Arranged by: Norwegian Ministry of Local Government and Modernisation
- Mosfellsbær and Fljótsdalshérað by Tómas G. Gíslason, Environmental director and Ólafur Melsted, Planning officer
- Vaasa by Toni Lustila, planning engineer
- Innherredbyen by Stine Strand, Public Health Coordinator
Creating Strong Regions by Including both Urban and Rural Areas, Hallgeir Aalbu, Norwegian Ministry of Local Government and Modernisation