Sigbjørn Gjelsvik (Cent.)
Minister of Local Government and Regional Development
Norwegian businesses and organisations donating digital equipment to Ukraine
“Being able to communicate with loved ones by phone or via the internet is essential for temporarily dispaced citizens in Norway and for people still in Ukraine. I am therefore very pleased that Norwegian businesses and organisations are donating mobile phones and other equipment through this collection campaign,” says Minister of Local Government and Regional Development Sigbjørn Gjelsvik, of the Norwegian Centre Party.
Digital agenda for Norway in brief
The purpose of this white paper is to present the Government's policy on how Norway can exploit ICT in the best interests of society.
The Norwegian Government proposes allocating a further NOK 200 million to increase digital security in 2022
Russia’s attack on Ukraine has created a new security policy situation, which also means that digital attacks against Norway have become more likely. ‘We must strengthen civil emergency preparedness against cyber attacks, and the Norwegian Government therefore proposes allocating a further NOK 200 million to increase digital security in 2022,’ says Minister of Justice and Public Security Emilie Enger Mehl.
Latest from the Ministry of Local Government and Regional Development
- Norway bids to host Internet Governance Forum 2025 Press release 25/04/2023
- Norwegian businesses and organisations donating digital equipment to Ukraine Press release 20/05/2022
- Proposal aims to make it easier to find homes for Ukrainian refugees Press release 29/04/2022
- The Norwegian Government proposes allocating a further NOK 200 million to increase digital security in 2022 Press release 01/04/2022
- The Norwegian Government wants to strengthen civil emergency preparedness Press release 01/04/2022
- Migration and Integration 2021–2022 Report 16/01/2023
- NOU 2022: 11 - Your privacy – our shared responsibility Norwegian Official Report (NOU) 26/09/2022
- Assessment of Norwegian mobile revenues in a Nordic context – 2022 Report 22/04/2022
- Assessment of Norwegian fixed broadband pricing in a Nordic context –2022 Report 22/04/2022
- We all need a safe place to call home - National strategy for sosial housing policies (2021-2024) Plans/strategy 22/02/2022
Phone: +47 22 24 90 90
Address: Postboks 8112 Dep, 0032 Oslo
Visitor address: Akersgata 59, 0032 Oslo