Ministry of Finance
Trygve Slagsvold Vedum (Cent.)
Minister of Finance
The National Budget 2023
Information about Norway's National Budget for 2023 presented to the Storting on 6 October 2022.
Government Pension Fund
The Ministry of Finance holds the overall responsibility for the management of the Government Pension Fund.
General tax conventions between Norway and other states
General tax conventions for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion,and other international agreements regarding tax matters.
The National Budget 2023:
A budget for security and fair distribution
There is a war and an energy crisis in Europe. High inflation is affecting people’s lives. The Government’s response is a fair and responsible budget, which improves distribution and enhances security at a challenging time.
Profits from natural resources will be better distributed
Energy producers and the aquaculture industry make billions of kroner on our common resources. The Government is now proposing that more of the value created should go back to society.
Meld. St. 1 (2022-2023)
National Budget 2023 - Chapter 3.1
Fiscal policy. Report to the Storting (white paper) on The National Budget 2023 (Støre Government).
Latest from the Ministry of Finance
- The Norwegian Government’s proposed resource rent tax on aquaculture Press release 28/03/2023
- The Government’s first meeting on the budget for 2024 Press release 05/03/2023
- The Contract Continuity Regulation is extended until 1 October 2023 News story 15/02/2023
- Norway strengthens the Armed Forces through purchase of new tanks Press release 03/02/2023
- Identification of systemically important institutions News story 21/12/2022
- Prop. 78 LS (2022–2023) - Resource rent tax on aquaculture Proposition 28/03/2023
- Annual Report 2022 Report 08/03/2023
- Government Pension Fund and the Santiago principles Guidelines/brochures 31/01/2023
- Action plan to combat social dumping and work-related crime Plans/strategy 02/11/2022
- Prop. 1 LS (2022–2023) - Taxes 2023 Proposition 06/10/2022
Phone: (+47) 22 24 90 90
Address: Postboks 8008 Dep, 0030 Oslo
Visitor address: Akersgata 40, 0180 Oslo