The principal objective of Norwegian security policy is to safeguard Norway’s sovereignty, territorial integrity and political freedom of action.
Norwegian support to Ukraine and neighbouring countries
This is an overview of Norway’s support to Ukraine and other countries affected by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Norway terminates its contract for the NH90
– Regrettably we have reached the conclusion that no matter how many hours our technicians work, and how many parts we order, it will never make the NH90 capable of to meeting the requirements of the Norwegian Armed Forces. Based on a joint recommendation by the Armed Forces and associated departments and agencies, the Norwegian Government has therefore decided to end the introduction of the NH90 and has authorized the Norwegian Defence Material Agency to terminate the contract, said Norwegian Minister of Defence, Mr. Bjørn Arild Gram.
Norway to increase short term defence spending in 2022
– Pending parliamentary approval, the Norwegian Government has allocated NOK 3 billion to increase the activity and preparedness of the Norwegian Armed Forces in 2022. The proposed spending will for the most part be dedicated to strengthen our preparedness in the North, says the Norwegian Minister of Defence.
More on defence
Latest on defence
- Norway signs framework-agreement for joint ammunition-procurement News story 20/03/2023
- Norway orders six Seahawks for the Armed Forces News story 15/03/2023
- Norway provides Ukraine with NASAMS ground-based air defence system News story 10/03/2023
- Norway with comprehensive tanks-package to Ukraine News story 14/02/2023
- Norway sends transport plane to Türkiye to help with evacuation and transport News story 11/02/2023
- Meld. St. 14 (2021–2022) - Norwegian exports of defence-related products in 2021, export control and international non-proliferation cooperation Report to the Storting 31/08/2022
- Meld. St. 35 (2020–2021) - Norwegian exports of defencerelated products in 2020, export control and international non-proliferation cooperation Report to the Storting 11/06/2021
- Meld. St. 17 (2020–2021) - Cooperation for Security Report to the Storting 12/03/2021
- Future acquisitions for the Norwegian Defence Sector 2019-2026 Plans/strategy 28/02/2019
- Meld. St. 19 (2017–2018) - Norwegian Exports of Defence-related Products in 2017, Export Control and International Non-proliferation Cooperation Report to the Storting 22/06/2018
Ministry of Defence
Phone: + 47 23 09 80 00
Address: Pb. 8126 Dep., 0032 Oslo
Visitor address: Glacisgata 1, 0150 Oslo