Emilie Enger Mehl (Cent.)
Minister of Justice and Public Security
The Ministry of Justice and Public Security is responsible for the preservation and development of basic guarantees of the rule of law.
Civil protection and emergency preparedness
Instructions for the Ministries' work with civil protection and emergency preparedness.
Questions and answers about Norwegian immigration policy
How is responsibility divided between the Ministry, the Directorate of Immigration and the Immigration Appeals Board?
The coronavirus situation
Information about the Coronavirus situation in Norway.
Latest from the Ministry of Justice and Public Security
- National statement at the High-Level Meeting on the Midterm Review of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction Speech/statement 18/05/2023
- The Norwegian Government sends generators to Ukraine Press release 20/02/2023
- Norwegian residence permits to be extended for people displaced from Ukraine Press release 24/01/2023
- Transitionary rules for new Compensation for Victims of Violent Crime Act adopted Press release 02/12/2022
- Post by The Minister of Justice and Public Security regarding the situation associated with the war in Ukraine Speech/statement 21/10/2022
- Climate change, hungerand vulnerability Plans/strategy 16/02/2023
- Migration and Integration 2021–2022 Report 16/01/2023
- Fifth evaluation round: Preventing corruption and promoting integrity in central governments (top executive functions) and law enforcement agencies Report 13/01/2023
- Revision: National counterterrorism strategy Plans/strategy 14/12/2022
- Action plan to combat social dumping and work-related crime Plans/strategy 02/11/2022
Phone: +47 22 24 90 90
Address: Postboks 8005 Dep, 0030 Oslo
Visitor address: Gullhaug Torg 4A, Oslo