Regulation | Date: 12/05/2020 | Ministry of Justice and Public Security
Legal basis: Regulations of 15 March 2020 No. 293 relating to rejection etc. of foreign nationals out of concern for public health, section 7; see Act of 5 August 1994 No. 55 relating to control of communicable diseases, section 7-12; see also section 1-2, third paragraph. Adopted by the Ministry of Justice and Public Security 12 May 2020.
In the Regulations of 15 March 2020 No. 293 relating to rejection etc. of foreign nationals out of concern for public health, the following amendments are made:
Section 1, third paragraph, shall read:
The first paragraph does not apply to:
- EEA nationals who reside in Norway
- family members of EEA nationals (see section 110, third and fifth paragraphs, of the Immigration Act) when such a family member resides or is to reside in Norway,
- EEA nationals who are employed and who have entered into or are to enter into a work relationship in Norway (see section 112, first paragraph (a), of the Immigration Act),
- EEA nationals who are self-employed who have established or are to establish business activity in Norway (see section 112, first paragraph (a), of the Immigration Act),
- service providers from an EEA country that are covered by section 110, fourth paragraph, or section 112, first paragraph (b), of the Immigration Act (independent contractors and posted workers) who have begun or are to begin a work assignment in Norway,
- EEA nationals who are family members of a Norwegian national, with family ties as specified in b) above,
- EEA nationals who are to visit a minor child, spouse or cohabitant, or a spouse’s or cohabitant’s minor child in Norway, as well as minor EEA nationals who are to visit a parent in Norway,
- EEA nationals who own real property in Norway, including a holiday residence, and who are to visit it.
Section 2 shall read:
Section 2. Exemptions from rejection
Foreign nationals covered by section 1, first paragraph, may not be rejected under these Regulations if
- the foreign national will only be staying in airport transit before departing Norway,
- the foreign national is covered by exemption from the duty of quarantine pursuant to section 6 of the Regulations of 27 March 2020 No. 470 relating to infection control measures etc. in connection with the coronavirus outbreak,
- the foreign national is seeking protection (asylum) in the realm,
- special reasons so indicate, such as specific care responsibilities for persons in Norway or other compelling welfare considerations, or
- the foreign national has a residence permit as a seasonal worker (see section 6-3 of the Immigration Regulations) and is to work in agriculture or the fruit and vegetable sector.
Section 2a b) shall read:
b. EEA nationals and nationals of Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City State and their family members who need to travel through Norway to get home.
These Regulations enter into force immediately.