News story | Date: 16/11/2011
- We all agree that our cooperation should be mutually rewarding with a focus on an improved operational out-put and cost-effectiveness.
Meeting of Nordic and Baltic defence ministers 15 November 2011, Ørebro, Sweden (Sweedish Ministry of Defence) (Försvarsdepartementet, Sverige)
- The Nordic and Baltic Defence Ministers decided to further enhance the Nordic-Baltic Defence cooperation. We all agree that our cooperation should be mutually rewarding with a focus on an improved operational out-put and cost-effectiveness. As a consequence of today’s discussion a number of areas will be further explored, including a deepened and developed co-operation on veteran issues, training and exercises, education and armaments procurement.
- The ministers have discussed gender issues in military operations. In 2012 a centre of competence on gender in military operations will be launched in Sweden.
- The Ministers have also exchanged views on the emerging threats and challenges to the Nordic-Baltic region, including cyber defence, energy security and green policy issues as well as defence sector support to civilian crisis management in case of emergency.
- The ministers agreed to convene an expert level working group to formulate proposals to strengthen cyber defence policy.
See also: The Nordic Defence Cooperation