Article | Last updated: 14/10/2020 | Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries
Here you can find the annual state ownership report, white papers on state ownership and other relevant documents.
The State ownership report is an annual report of the State’s direct ownership and allows you to read about the strategies, performance, financial development and important events for the respective companies in 2021. It is intended to increase knowledge about both the ministries’ administration of the State’s ownership and about the individual companies. The ownership report has been available in English since 2005.
- the state ownership report 2021. pdf
- the state ownership report 2020. pdf
- the state ownership report 2019.pdf
- the state ownership report 2018.pdf
- the state ownership report 2017.pdf
- the state ownership report 2016.pdf
- the state ownership report 2015.pdf
- the state ownership report 2014.pdf
The following White Papers on Ownership Policy are available in English.
- Report to the Storting (White Paper) no. 6 (2022-2023) Greener and more active state ownership - The State's direct ownership of companies (The Støre Government)
- Report to the Storting (White Paper) no. 8 (2019-2020) The state´s direct direct ownership of companies (The Solberg Government)
- Report to the Storting (White Paper) no. 27 (2013-2014) Diverse and value-creating ownership (The Solberg Government)
- Report to the Storting (White Paper) No. 13 (2010-2011) Summary Active Ownership Norwegian State Ownership in a Global Economy (The Stoltenberg II Government)
- Report to the Storting (White Paper) No. 13 (2006-2007) Summary An Active and Long-Term State Ownership (The Stoltenberg II Government)
The revised guidelines for the remuneration of senior executives in companies with direct state ownership were adopted by the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries on 12 December 2022.
The State’s Guidelines for the Remuneration of Senior Executives in Companies with Direct State Ownership (12 December 2022)
The former guidelines are available here:
The Government’s Ownership Policy is a document that spells out the Government’s ownership policy as set out in the relevant government White Papers and approved by the Storting
OECD Corporate Governance of state-owned enterprises
OECD Corporate governance of state-owned enterprises
Good governance of state-owned enterprises is essential to ensure their contribution to economic efficiency and growth. OECD is the world's leading standard setter in this respect.
The OECD Guidelines on Corporate Governance of State-Owned Enterprises give concrete advice to countries on how to manage more effectively their responsibilities as company owners, thus helping to make state-owned enterprises more competitive, efficient and transparent.
OECD Guidelines on Anti-Corruption and Integrity in State-Owned Enterprises can help states to ensure that owners exemplify integrity in their conduct, that ownership arrangements are conducive to integrity, that SOEs adhere to good practices at the SOE level and that accountability mechanisms are integral to SOE sectors.