The Planning and Building Act
The Planning and Building Act is a tool for safeguarding the public interest and managing land use. Planning pursuant to the Act shall ensure sustainable development for the whole country and that it is open to all to take part in decisions that concern their surroundings.
Planning pursuant to the The Planning and Building Act shall ensure sustainable development for the whole country and that it is open to all to take part in decisions that concern their surroundings.
A short description of demography, norwegian areas and municipal planning in Norway. Population growth is an important basis for planning at the national, regional and local levels.
National expectations in respect of planning, central government planning guidelines and planning provisions govern land use at the regional and municipal levels.
- National expectations regarding regarding regional and municipal planning (2015)
- Municipal planning
- The social element of the municipal master plan
- The land use element of the municipal master plan
- Municipal planning strategy
- The municipal planning process and consideration of the planning strategy, the social element and the land use element
- Public participation – due process protection and right of appeal
- Zoning plan
- Regional planning
- Assessment requirements
- Urban development
Guideline: How to Facilitate Increased Public Participation and Influence in Municipal and Regional Plannning pursuant to the Planning and Building Act.