The Planning and Building Act
The Planning and Building Act is a tool for safeguarding the public interest and managing land use. Planning pursuant to the Act shall ensure sustainable development for the whole country and that it is open to all to take part in decisions that concern their surroundings.
Introduction to the planning system and its processes
The following pages provide an introduction to the planning part of the Planning and Building Act and how the planning system works. You will find general guidelines and guidance for the individual steps and parts of a planning process, whether it takes place in your municipality, county/region or nationally.
Planning and Building Act (2008)
Act of 27 June 2008 No. 71 relating to Planning and the Processing of Building Applications (the Planning and Building Act) (the Planning part)
More on planning
- Planning and Building Act (2008)
- Land Registration Act, Cadastre Act and Spatial Data Act
- Regulations on impact assessments
- H-6/18 Laws and guidelines for planning and resource utilisation in coastal marine areas
- Termlist nowegian/english – The Planning and Building Act
- Universal design - clarification of the concept