Article | Last updated: 28/06/2021
Requirement related to restrictions of hazardous chemicals as well as requirements related to other products
It is prohibited to export substances,
substance mixtures or products which, in
accordance with the following items in the
REACH Regulation, Annex XVII, are not
permitted to be placed on the market, cf.
Regulation 30 May 2008 no. (REACH
It is prohibited to place on the market products containing asbestos (REACH Regulation XVII entry 6.1). This prohibition does not apply for the following products, that were used before 1 January 2005 (provided that the asbestos fibres cannot be released to the environment under normal use):
- houses and other buildings;
- vehicles approved in accordance with the regulations in force from 4 October 1994 No. 918 on technical requirements and approval of vehicles, parts and equipment;
- vessels registered in the Aircraft Register pursuant to Act 11 of June 1993 No. 101 on Aviation;
- vessels registered in the Ship Register under Act 24 June 1994 No. 39 on Navigation or the Norwegian International Ship Register under Law 12 June 1987 No. 48 on the Norwegian International Ship Register; or
- rolling stock for use on railways, including tramway, subway, suburban and similar means of transport.
The body of Norwegian legislation is constantly evolving. However, we cannot guarantee that technical rules is updated at all times. Therefore it is the responsibility of the economic operators to ensure conformity with all relevant legislation.