Professional goods and passenger transport operators

An operating license or permit is required for those who operate transport services by road or scheduled sea routes. The licensing and permit arrangements ensure safe and appropriate transport services for users and equal competition between transport companies in the EEA market.

Trucker's Guide

Not all drivers, car owners or agents, are aware of the sometimes extremely difficult conditions on Norwegian winter roads.

Winter tyre requirements for heavy vehicles

Stricter requirements has come into effect for vehicles with a maximum total weight of more than 3 500 kg.


As a professional driver you will need various permits.