A reliable supply of electricity is crucial in modern society. In business and industry, the public service sector and households, reliable access to electricity is a matter of course.
Power supply and the electricity grid
A secure and reliable power supply is essential in any modern society. Norway has an extensive electricity grid for the transmission of power from producers to consumers.
The power market and prices
The market price of power, which is determined each day on the Nord Pool Spot power exchange, is a result of supply and demand. Norway is part of a common Nordic power market and is integrated with the power market in Europe.
The Ministry of Petroleum and Energy has the overall responsibility for managing the power supply in Norway.
Latest on electricity
- Consultation on resource rent tax on onshore wind power Press release 16/12/2022
- Profits from natural resources will be better distributed Press release 28/09/2022
- Opening speech at ONS 2022: The North Sea - the new frontier of energy transition? Speech/statement 30/08/2022
- Major initiative to promote offshore wind power Press release 12/02/2022
- Government launches electricity support package worth billions Press release 11/12/2021